So my previous post was pretty positive. And then I tried to consolidate users and locked myself out.
So I spent a lot of time installing a postgresql editor and trying out different password changes. None of them worked. So I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it. But the install script kept finding something that made it think it was already installed, so it just stopped.
HOURS. I lost hours. I finally gave up and uninstalled everyscrap of PostgreSQL I could find, and my restyaboard files, and just went back to Trello. Yeah, not on my own server, I get it. But there's a limit to my patience, and I won't get those hours back either.
No mentions yet.
Latest 3 Posts
Giving up on IndieWeb - Again!
I have a long, tortured history with the IndieWeb. It's like social media - each time I think I'm over it I rage-quit and then I later return. I forget all the bad things and remember only the good and I tell myself this time it will be different. In other words, I never...READ MORE
Reconnected with micro.blog
Finished with the basic migration to eleventy and adding Indieweb microformats and webmentions. I think I have all this working now. Time to connect back to micro.blog and test it out!READ MORE
Built with Eleventy
I'll write up the details later, but this site is now being created/parsed/compiled, etc. using Eleventy. I'm still pushing it to GitHub, and Netlify is grabbing it and serving it. That part's the same. Just different under the hood. Also a new design/theme, and redoing...READ MORE
More posts can be found in the archive.